My Travel Essentials for Europe *updatedPart of: Travel
[Breakfast: organic vanilla yogurt. 2 slices of turkey bacon. 1 slice of multigrain toast. green tea.]
1. Black Leggings -- If it gets cold, I can wear these under my dresses with ballet flats.
2. Two Scarves—One cashmere that I can also wear on the plane. The other one can be a lighter fabric or wool.
3. Cashmere Hoodie by b.chyll –I get freezing on most planes, so I invested in this sweater (I got it on sale) and I wear it all the time. You could also bring your own warm travel blanket and wear a regular hoodie or bring a warm, soft hat.
4. Herban Essentials Towlettes –I’ve written about these before. They come in different scents and can be used for other things besides sanitizing your hand since they are in aromatherapy scents like lavender (my fave) and mint. I always carry one of these in my purse.
5. Bric Nylon Bag -- It fits within a small bag and can be used for purchases on your trip. I also love the Feed 100 bag for day-to-day shopping and on trips because it folds and zips into a small package. FEED 100 Bag = 100 School Meals for Hungry Children in Rwanda.
6. Kumaara Luminizing Eye Treatment –I hate when my skin looks dull and my eyes look tired on the plane and from jetlag. This seriously makes your eyes look gorgeous and helps with fine lines. It’s unique. (http://www.kumaara.com)
7. Jurlique Hand Cream in Lavender–my hands and cuticles can get very dry and I need a heavier lotion than what’s available in hotels.
8. European Flat Iron and/or Hair Dryer –I bought a flat iron on sale at Sephora in France that I like better than my one at home. (I finally cut 9 inches of my hair off and donated it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I use the flat iron on my bob.)
9. Bose QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones – These were the best gift ever. DK is totally jealous that my headphones are nicer than his.
10. World's Softest Cozy Spa Socks or Target Socks/ Lightweight Slippers (found in sock section) – I usually bring a combination of these because my feet get cold easily. There aren’t always slippers available in hotel rooms and they are usually flimsy. I only use them after I bathe.
11. Black Cardigan --I bought a cute medium-weight one from H&M in May. This is a wardrobe must-have anyway.
12. Wine/Champagne Bottle Stopper -- A lifesaver.
13. Umbrella -- buy a cute mini from H&M, Forever 21, or Target. It's annoying to get caught in the rain and have to buy a cheap, overpriced umbrella